SEND Information Report
Under the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2015) all schools have a duty to publish information on their websites about the provision they make for children with special educational needs or disabilities.
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities policy and information report aims to:
- Set out how our school will support and make provision for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved, including pupils, staff and parents/carers, in providing for pupils with SEND.
- To explain the technical terms and abbreviations used (see our jargon buster).
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Within Bournville Village Primary School, we have experience in meeting a variety of needs. The SEND Code of Practice categorises SEND into four areas:
- Communication and Interaction
- Cognition and Learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Sensory and/or Physical Needs
For further information on each of these areas, please refer to these sections within the SEND area of our school website .